Tuesday, January 15, 2013

 
Little Indian Pow Wow
Remember in my last post about NinjaFest I said my family loves birthdays? Well as soon as our little Ninjas left with goodies in tow (forgot to get pics), we broke everything down and began to put up our Little Indian Pow Wow for my nephew's 1st birthday party the next day. Yes, you read that right. Madness. This was my favorite party we've ever done. Ever. Yes, I didn't sleep for days but oh...it was amazing! I loved every detail.  
The birthday boy and his Teepee Cake.
That's my brother dressed up as an Indian Chief leading our little Indians in some Pow Wow fun.
 My Sister Aggie, the Mama to the birthday boy, made him the cutest head dress and vest. She also made all the kids indian headbands. So talented.
Oh...just a teepee in my living room! NBD. The colors were amazing! When you're planning a boy birthday, it's tricky getting the details right without making it too "pretty" or fussy. I felt like the details of this party were spot on. Speaking of felt..the banners are made of felt hot glued to ribbon. Yeah...we're fancy that way:). Also the fringe that's hanging is plastic table cloths cut up and hung on fishing wire! Seriously. All hung by my SIL with her mad skills and energy at 2am.
 I set up a children's buffet on my coffee table so they could help themselves.
On the menu: Mini Chicken Pot Pies, Cinnamon Crisps and then we filled different ramekins and cups with Indian looking snackage. Mini water bottles wrapped in coordinating scrapbook paper. I just filled baskets I had around the house...I have a slight basket problem (no joke).
 
 These fireside cupcakes were the cutest! My Sister Marlena made these and the Teepee cake. I know right? They came out so amazing!!
 The kids got to take turns drumming the Cajun Drum Box and lead the kids in a song of their choice. This was probably their favorite part of the party. They were so into it!
 
The Pow Wow was so fun and so little kid friendly. Aggie dreamt up this party months ago and it was so great to see it come alive. I loved working on this party. 
Happy Birthday Choppy! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment