Tuesday, January 15, 2013


Happy Birthday Benny! 

NinjaFest Part I

 This boy was so excited to turn 4, he'd been telling people he was for two years! We had to celebrate his number 4 in true NINJA style (he is obsessed) to honor our favorite Ninja!
 Ninja cupcakes (thank you pinterest!)
 A look at the goods. I just filled a container I had with Fruit Kabobs, Nori Snacks, and Shrimp Chips
Little Bento Boxes. These were nacho containers I had leftover from who knows what. This was a family party that I threw together last minute because we'd been sick. Most of what we had were pantry items. Can you tell I frequent asian markets? Musubi (Spam Sushi: don't knock it till you try it!), fruit and little pandas courtesy of my sweet Sis! At each place setting there was also a jello cup and Pocky treats.
  

 NinjaFest Part II

So Birthdays are huge in our family. We just love them! We have a lot of family here (when we get together, there's 19 of us!) so we usually have to do a "family" party and a "friend" party. So here is NinjaFest Part II.
 The table was set Japanese style complete with "Dragon Veggies" (thanks pinterest!)
 Bentos with Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Fruit and Veggies. The green baran paper you see with sushi was tricky to find last minute but you can order online at Amazon if you have the time.  The little soup spoon (found at Asian markets ) has ranch dip in it. Jello with whipped cream and edamame.
 The Decor: Homemade Lanterns (made from poster board...remember making them in school?), the flags are paper napkins with vinyl Japanese symbols and ninja..ish stars:). The birthday banner I made using a free font I downloaded and printed on matte photo paper. Made a huge difference! 

 Some goods for the mamas that stayed. Assorted veggies in bamboo steamers I bought at an asian market and Asian Chicken Salad. The Ninja cupcakes are Devils Food with Chocolate Buttercream and the Ninja is an oreo half with the cream scraped off the top and bottom. Add eyes with chocolate sprinkles. Done.  
Fruit Kabobs, Rolls and more Veggies
Tons of fun was had by all and my boy was a very happy little Ninja! 

No comments:

Post a Comment